13 Apr Cold pea-yogurt-mint soup
Ideal as an appetiser or a light lunch
- 200g frozen peas (or fresh ones when in season)
- 150-200g yogurt (e.g.,Greek)
- 2 Tbsp dried mint
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 Tsp Herbamare (or a little salt)
- 1 Tsp Dijon mustard
- Freshly grounded black pepper
- 2 Tbsp ASPARAGUS VINEGAR
1. Defrost peas if you use frozen ones.
2. Chop up the onion. (You do not need to use onion, but it gives the soup Umami, a more fuller taste.
3. Mix the mint with the yogurt – it will flavour the yogurt already.
4. Fry the onion lightly and then let it cool.
5. Once the onion is cooled place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
5. Taste and see if you might want to add more salt, pepper and/or a dash of ASPARAGUS VINEGAR.
Keep the soup cool and garnish with maybe some pea shoots before you serve it.
This recipe can easily be made in advance. Just keep the soup in the fridge before you serve it.